"Lights and Ice" at The Village Green
We are very EXCITED to announce that Lights and Ice has been extended through February 2.
We have many great events planned, so start spreading the word.
Join us at "Lights and Ice" in the Village Green. Be a part of the excitement as our Village Green is transformed into a beautiful winter wonderland. Enjoy our outdoor skating rink, under the display of beautiful lights throughout the park.
"Lights and Ice" features two months of captivating festivities from December 8 through February 2. The event includes ice skating, tree lighting, winter igloos, fire pits, live music, private parties, nightlife, food/beverages, special events and more. Whether you are looking for a picturesque night out or a fun-filled family activity, "Lights and Ice" will not disappoint.
Friday - Sunday
Warm up at your own personal fire pit. Enjoy a day of ice skating plus other special events and come back to your fire pit for warmth. Make sure to purchase your own S'mores kit. Do not forget to check our "Special Events" tab to see what's we have planned for you at "Lights & Ice."
Peak - $35
*Pop-up Shops at the Village Green:
Wednesday, January 29: 7 - 10 p.m.
You are going to LOVE our special pop-up shops at the Village Green.
It’s a perfect time to find the gifts you need with selections of jewelry, baby apparel, workout clothes and so much more.
Stay tuned for updates and more details as the events approach.
*Event subject to change
Private lesson package includes the lesson price and admission to the ice. They are a great way to improve your skills and get more ice time. The more you’re on the ice, the more you’ll improve.
"LIGHTS AND ICE" EVENTS
Extended Season through February 2
SIP-N-SHOP NIGHT: Wednesday, January 29, 7 - 10 p.m.
- Did someone say WINE TASTING? Taste your first two wines for FREE and enjoy shopping with one of our Pop-Up shop vendors. Rent an igloo or fire pit to stay warm!
POND HOCKEY TOURNAMENT: Saturday, February 1, 7:30 - 10 a.m.
- GNPD will be hosting our Lights & Ice Winter Classic - "Pond Hockey" tournament at our outdoor ice rink @ The Village Green! We will be capping registration at 24 players. These 24 players will be divided up RANDOMLY into 6 teams (4 players per team).
Teams will play two 15-minute round robin games followed by a Championship game- 1 v 2, Third place- 3 v 4 and a consolation game- 5 v 6. All teams will play a total of 3 games. With registration, each player will receive a Lights & Ice jersey for them to keep. Our championship winning team will receive trophies at the end of the event. These 4 v 4 games will feature a running clock, using small "pond hockey" nets (without goalies). The score will be tallied and the winning teams will receive a higher seed for game #3.
With the extension of our Lights & Ice Event, the Park District is excited to include an outdoor event for our hockey players and their families. While the players compete on the ice, parents are welcome to enjoy our fire pits and igloos free of charge as part of parent appreciation for our travel hockey family.
- Register Here 8U Lights & Ice Winter Classic
- Register Here 10U Lights & Ice Winter Classic
FLIRT INTO FEBRUARY: Saturday, February 1, 6 - 10 p.m.
- Couples Night- receive 50% off an igloo/fire pit rental from 6 to 10 p.m.
PRE-SUPER BOWL BASH: Sunday, February 2, 6 - 10 p.m.
- Watch the Super Bowl on our huge LED movie screen. Enjoy watching while keeping warm when you rent an igloo or fire pit. Wear any football jersey and receive $2 off skate admission or skate rentals.
- *Discount will not be applied to those who present a Village of Great Neck coupon.