We offer amazing hockey programs! Scroll down to view...
Registration opens soon.
GENERAL SPIRIT OF PARTICIPATION AND FUN
- More participants get a chance to play ice hockey, and will experience a feeling of success when playing.
- The same exciting, fun environment is created as in a "real" game.
- More and less gifted children will benefit from close/tight action on the ice.
- Children are excited and motivated to continue playing hockey.
Hockey will be more appealing and rewarding to a wider range of children and their parents.
THE SMALLER THE ICE, THE BIGGER THE COMPETITION.
All instruction is provided by the NYR Hockey Development team, partnered with our Great Neck Park District coaching staff.
This mid-level Bruins Development Hockey program (ages 5 to 12) prepares players for the next level of competition. Following USA Hockey’s American Development Model (ADM), our coaching staff organizes station-based training to increase puck touches and overall on-ice activity.
To Register for the Bruins Development Program - CLICK HERE
Our competitive Bruins Travel program caters to players ages 5 -18. Tryout for the travel program and participate in the Long Island Amateur Hockey League in the Tier III division. The primary goal is for each hockey player to realize their full potential by fostering competitiveness and sportsmanship. We focus on promoting the fun of the game, while developing hockey skills.
There are two training sessions weekly, prepared by our coaching staff, with anywhere from 25-40 games throughout a NON-COVID Season.
To Register for the Bruins Travel Program - CLICK HERE
- How will the GNPD handle/monitor the Off-Ice training during COVID?
- Will Off-Ice training be inside or outside? If inside, will it cause parents to get kicked out due to rink capacity rules?
- My child may be tired to do Off-Ice training prior to the On-Ice training, will it be mandated for him/her to do the Off-Ice training? Will they be evaluated differently if they choose not to do it?