Dog Park Rules
New Rules for COVID-19
- Use the park at your own risk
- Stay home if you are sick
- Keep at least a 6-foot distance from others
- Must wear a mask if social distancing cannot be maintained
- Visit the park at off-peak hours
- Sanitize hands before arrival and after using park
- Avoid petting other people's dogs
Users of the facility do so at their own risk. Neither the Great Neck Park District nor Park District staff shall be liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog in the off-leash area. Handlers are legally responsible for their dogs, and any injury or damage to facilities caused by them.
Aggressive dogs (defined as dogs posing a threat to human beings or other dogs) are not allowed at any time. Dogs must be removed from the off-leash dog area at the first sign of aggression.
All dogs must be legally licensed and vaccinated.
All dog owners must be residents of the Great Neck Park District, must register their dog(s), and obtain an annual Pooch Pass from the Great Neck House.
Owners must sign a waiver and release form, their dogs must be licensed, and proof of vaccination for rabies and Bordatella must be submitted with applications.
Dogs must be at least 4 months of age. No commercial use of the Dog Park will be permitted.
Dog Park Rules
• Dogs must be leashed prior to entering and upon leaving the Dog Park.
• Be sure that gates are always closed and locked.
• Unsupervised children under 12 years of age are not permitted in the Dog Run.
• The Dog Park is open daily from 9 a.m. to sunset.
• No smoking or eating in the Dog Park.
• There is a limit of 2 dogs per person per visit.
• Dogs shall not be left unattended and shall not be out of sight range.
• Dogs must be under voice command.
• There are areas designated for small and large dogs. Any dog more than 30 pounds shall be deemed to be a large dog.
• Dogs that exhibit aggressive behavior must be removed from the park immediately.
• Dogs that exhibit incessant barking must be removed from the park immediately.
• Dogs in heat are not permitted.
• Dogs, owners and users creating disturbances or violating posted rules must leave the Dog Park.
• Owners must always clean up after their dog(s).
• Owners must fill any holes created by their dog(s).